Thursday, April 2, 2009

When I grow up, I want to be...

Paige had her first "when I grow up, I want to be..." moment yesterday! I'm sure she'll have many more career changes, but her first declared profession is: dentist!

We went to visit our friend Susanna and her new baby, Brock, yesterday. On the way home, we had this conversation:
Me: Next time, we'll visit when Val [dad] and Chaz [3 y.o. big brother] are there, so we can see the whole family.
Paige: And Chaz will be there and Val will be there.
Me: Right, today Chaz is at school and Val is at work.
Paige: And Val is working.
Me: Right, today he is working. Val is a dentist. He fixes people's teeth.
Paige: Paige wants to fix the people's teeth! When I will grow up, then I will fix the people's teeth!
Me: Do you want to be a dentist like Val?
Paige: Paige will be a dentist! Then Paige will grow up and Paige and Val will be dentistes!